Congratulations to Mary Washington Healthcare and its patients on the appointment of Dr. Michael McDermott as the new CEO of the health system.
Dr. McDermott has a reputation for critical and visionary thinking, collaborative medical services, and value added methodologies. As the new CEO, Dr. McDermott brings with him a vast array of invaluable talents and abilities:
- A six-year Trustee of Mary Washington Healthcare Board of Directors, with responsibilities that included strategic financial and executive leadership
- Visionary leadership including promotion and introduction of value-based medicine
- President of Virginia Medical Imaging, whose related companies, including joint venture partnership in Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg, provided patients care with the highest clinical standards combined with extraordinary patient satisfaction
- Board member of Medical Imaging Management, where McDermott formulated and approved employee contracting and benefit packages, including conforming with the Affordable Care Act
- Medical Director of Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg, and Virginia Interventional and Vascular Associates, facilities known for their superior clinical delivery and innovative approach
- Compliance Officer of Radiologic Associates of Fredericksburg and Virginia Medical Imaging, assuring the highest ethical standards and adherences to regulatory and statutory requirements
Many of the nation’s top Health Systems achieved superior performance by having a physician such as Dr. McDermott at the helm.