The overall objective of the Business Development Manager is to manage the tasks and processes related to the development, implementation, and expansion of opportunities for Radiologic Associates of Fredericksburg, Ltd (RAF) and related entities, referred to as the “Practice”. This includes identifying and organizing data, facilitating communications and coordination of resources, and managing development and implementation of services. The ideal candidate will have strong data analytic skills, strong written and oral communications skills, and experience in project management and/or business development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow RAF’s brand and reputation in the healthcare community.
- Manage the research, collection and interpretation of target market data, including industry, company, project, and market strategies data needed to perform analysis of potential expansion opportunities locally and nationally.
- Manage new growth and partnership opportunities.
- Manage the review and consideration of specific potential new markets and business opportunities.
- Utilize a wide variety of communication methods to support the development of business relationships and strategic partnerships with other health systems and physician practices.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the radiology market and services and manage the evaluation of RAF’s competition and position in the industry and in the market.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the latest industry developments and trends, opportunities for growth, and opportunities to obtain and maintain competitive edge.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to develop strategies to enhance RAF’s brand and reputation in the healthcare community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting.
Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheets, PowerPoint) and statistical analysis software.
- Ability to communicate data and other information, technical and non-technical, in a clear and concise manner to staff members, customers, leadership team, and members of other health systems and physician practices.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships.
- Proven ability to take an idea from inception to development of clear and concise recommendation, through to execution.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Communications, Business Development, or other related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of experience in proposal writing and business development management in a healthcare practice.
- Experience partnering with senior management to proactively source and execute on new business opportunities and drive business results.