Sectra® VNA and PACS Solutions
Radiologic Associates of Fredericksburg continually seeks to offer the highest value services to those we serve. Our Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and Vendor Neutral Archive (VNA) offers easy and reliable access to images and reports, providing digital continuity and collaboration that results in greater peace of mind.
Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS)
RAF uses Sectra PACS/VNA solution which includes IDS7® workstation and a zero-footprint viewer called UniViewer®.
Sectra IDS7® Sectra IDS7® is a high-end PACS Workstation that provides powerful diagnostic tools and ensures access to all data (studies and reports) from anywhere in the country. IDS7® is launched using Internet Explorer (IE) only.
UniViewer® UniViewer® is typically used by clinicians and referring providers to be able to view their images or reports remotely. With UniViewer®, users are not required to download and install any software.
The viewing capability of the Sectra® solution is not limited to just DICOM images but includes all multimedia types such as JPEG, BMP, videos, and others making it a long- term solution extending across multiple specialties.
Images/studies and reports are securely stored in RAF’s PACS/VNA with a backup stored at designated disaster recovery sites. In radiology, after a study has been completed and report signed off by a radiologist, it intuitively migrates from PACS to the VNA system for archiving and long-term use. Historical studies may be retrieved by simply entering a patient’s name or ID with no limitation on whether the study was performed weeks or years ago.
Solutions through PACS:
- Primary read and over-read services
- Seamless, large-volume, image information sharing management
- Non-proprietary, interchangeable storage system integration
- Store and view images from all modalities
Vendor Neutral Archive (VNA)
For reliable, long-term storage, RAF’s VNA service offers a streamlined retrieval solution. Images, videos, and all other reports are maintained in a cloud-based VNA and easily retrievable regardless of the front end PACS system being utilized. Even if a customer changes their front end PACS solution, there is no impact to their long-term storage through our VNA solution. Upon request, RAF’s VNA solution can also be uniquely configured in such a way that a client’s data can be segregated from the rest of the data in the VNA. This customized configuration compartmentalizes the data making it easily migratable in the future should the need arise.
Key benefits include:
- Ability to access images and archived files from anywhere at anytime
- Supports various image formats and not limited to DICOM/radiology images
- Easy and seamless deployment of Sectra IDS7®workstation and UniViewer®
- PACS/VNA application is known for its performance and stability
- High-end advanced workstation not limited to radiology department
- Easy to define and build workflows based on institution requirements
- Optimal electronic communication and organization
- Excellent IT support for end users
- Less hardware and software infrastructure
- Improvement of workflow and efficiencies
- Zero-footprint universal viewer
- Synchronization of data
- Fewer maintenance agreements needed
- Disaster recovery/data backup safe and secure
- Endless storage capabilities